We are honored to announce our keynote Address for the 8th annual hunger banquet:
Hunger and conflict: how are they linked, and can the bond be broken?
Dr. Ellen Einterz, MD
Director of the Kolofata District Hospital
What is a Hunger Banquet?
- A fundraiser bringing awareness to hunger issues
- A forum where the first, second and third world eat together
- A first hand look at the inequality that happens every day that we don't get to see
- A simulation to help show you what it feels like to be on the other side of hunger
- A meal with friends
At IU School of Medicine, this event includes:
- A meal with colleagues from food donated by local vendors
- A talk with a keynote speaker
- A silent auction with items including paintings, hand-woven baskets, gift certificates from local restaurants, breweries, and much more!
Last Year's Hunger Banquet
- In 2015, over $5,600 were raised for the AMPATH Orphan and Vulnerable Children's Fund and the Tumaini Children's Drop-In Center in Eldoret, Kenya
- Over 125 people attended the event