We are honored to announce our keynote Address for the 2018 hunger banquet:
What is THE Hunger Banquet?
The Hunger Banquet is a yearly non-profit event organized by the Global Health Student Interest Group at IUSM that aims to raise awareness surrounding the issue of hunger, as it exists both locally and abroad. The proceeds from the event are donated to two worthy organizations in Eldoret Kenya:
Tumaini Children’s Drop-In Center, a center to feed, clothe, educate, and offer job training to street children, and
The Orphans and Vulnerable Children Program which works to provide food, material assistance and advocacy for area orphan, HIV-afflicted, and impoverished children
At IU School of Medicine, this event includes:
- A talk with a keynote speaker
- A silent auction with items including paintings, hand-woven baskets, gift certificates from local restaurants, breweries, and much more!
- An enjoyable evening out with friends!
Last Year's Hunger Banquet
- In 2017, almost $2000 was raised for the AMPATH Orphan and Vulnerable Children's Fund and the Tumaini Children's Drop-In Center in Eldoret, Kenya
- Over 50 people attended the event